Are you an aspiring actor? Once in a while, most of us could use a little encouragement and inspiration, along with advice on how to deal with problems we’re facing.
We’ve gathered several video interviews for you by the world’s top actors. Watch the videos to learn and be inspired from the best!
1. Self Portrait: On Acting
Tom Hanks, Judi Dench, Leonardo DiCaprio, Olivia Colman and more talk candidly to Film4 about the art of screen acting.
2. Kate Winslet Shares Her Acting Secrets
Kate Winslet shares whats she’s learnt from her years in the industry, offering tips on research, collaboration and staying true to yourself.
3. Conversations with Leonardo DiCaprio
Career Conversations with Leonardo DiCaprio. Moderated by Jenelle Riley, Variety.
4. Cameron Diaz: On Acting and Fame
Interviewed in Canada, Cameron Diaz lent herself to the HUMAN interview’s game. She spoke about what her acting profession means to her and the incredible and very emotional memory of the moment following the loss of her father.
5. Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Farrell, Jim Broadbent, James McAvoy & Hugh Dancy
"Don't worry about being famous or becoming a star - just do as much interesting work as you possibly can."
6. Michael Keaton and Edward Norton
In this exclusive AFI video, Michael Keaton and Edward Norton sat down with the Hollywood Reporter's Stacey Wilson-Hunt to discuss acting.
7. Actors on Actors: Will Smith & Benicio Del Toro
8. Expert Acting Advice From Top Actresses
Keira Knightley, Julie Walters, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tamsin Greig.
9. Jim Carrey's Top 10 Rules For Success
He's one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood. He has a net worth of $150 million. Oprah Winfrey said in all the years of her show, he was one of their greatest teachers. He's Jim Carrey and here are his Top 10 Rules for Success.
10. An acting masterclass from Sir Michael Caine
Tears, nudity, alcohol, and what to do with your eyes. Sir Michael Caine provides an acting masterclass to the BBC's Mark Lawson.
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and tell us which interview/speech was your favorite. Have you been inspired by an acting interview not on this list? Let us know in the comments and share a link to acting interviews that have inspired you. If you enjoyed this post, please share it on Twitter, Facebook and your other favorite social media networks!
* Originally posted by the Top Shorts team. Top Shorts is a festival partner of the Acting Awards Los Angeles.
DISCLAIMER: We do not own the videos. The article was written for educational purposes.